Assistant Administrator – Full Time
Greenwood House is hiring an Assistant Administrator – Full Time
Greenwood House, a not-for-profit long term care organization in Ewing, NJ, is searching for an Assistant Administrator to assist in directing the day-to-day functions of the skilled nursing facility in accordance with current Federal, State and local standards, guidelines and regulations that govern the facility, and as may be directed by the Executive Director to ensure the highest quality of care is maintained at all times.
Salary commensurate with experience. Comprehensive benefit program including medical, dental, 403(b), vacation, holidays and sick pay reimbursement.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Assist in planning, developing, organizing, and directing the day-to-day functions of the facility
- Ensure the highest quality of life for residents of Greenwood House by assessing and monitoring policies that govern the resident’s right to quality of life and care, as defined by the resident’s person centered care plan
- Manage all aspects of state or federal government survey processes
- Develop and implement policies and procedures in preparation for Department of Health annual surveys
- Ensure the facility is clean, safe, and comfortable for residents, visitors, and staff
- Ensure all required records are maintained and submitted in an accurate and timely manner.
- Assist in the development and implementation of written policies and procedures that govern the operation of the facility
- Annual review and updating of the emergency preparedness manual and facility risk assessment
- Work in conjunction with the Executive Director and make written or verbal recommendations to the Executive Director concerning the operation of the facility
- Act on behalf of the Executive Director during his/her absence
- Expertise in skilled nursing regulations and compliance
- Intimate knowledge of State and Federal regulations
- Knowledge of Patient Driven Payment Model (PDPM)
- Quality Assurance and Performance Improvement (QAPI)
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize effectively according to program objectives; ability to allocate internal resources and services to optimize program goals.
- Critical thinking and creative problem-solving abilities to provide and execute actionable advice and solutions
- Interpersonal skills to support, direct, and coach department directors and staff
- Strong project and deadline management skills and sense of ownership
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong team work ethics, ability to liaise and collaborate effectively across departments and work groups
- Must be able to read, write and speak the English language.
- A Bachelor’s degree is required
- A New Jersey administrator’s license is highly desirable
- Two to five years of administrative experience in a skilled nursing facility required or experience at a senior level in a skilled nursing facility
- High level of proficiency in EMR including MS office
Please forward your resume and cover letter to Richard Goldstein at Rgoldstein@greenwoodhouse.org
And to Debbie Hunter at Dhunter@greenwoodhouse.org
Come experience the Greenwood House Community and appreciate what a difference the right choice makes. At Greenwood House, there is a spirit of cooperation and genuine warmth and caring that enhances the quality of life for our residents and the working relationship of our employees.
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at Greenwood House will be based on merit, qualifications, physical ability to do the work and attendance. Greenwood House does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other characteristics protected by law. Greenwood House will make reasonable accommodations for each qualified individual with known disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship. This policy governs all aspects of employment, including selection, job assignment, compensation, discipline, termination, and access to benefits and training.