Associate Resource Director (HR Generalist) – United Methodist Communities at The Shores
**LeadingAge NJ & DE is posting this on behalf of United Methodist Communities at The Shores **
Come join a certified Great Place to Work 6 years in a row! United Methodist Communities at The Shores has a great opportunity for a dynamic Human Resources professional to work in our Ocean City, NJ community.
The Associate Resource Director (Human Resources Generalist) is responsible for administering Human Resources services and programs which include:
- Recruitment, Selection and Onboarding. Manages the recruitment and selection process of non-supervisory personnel and temporary associates including, sourcing potential applicants, screening applications/resumes, assists in interviewing job applicants, evaluating skills and making recommendations to hiring manager. Works with Home Office to identify and develop recruitment and sourcing strategies, as well as to determine appropriate staffing levels. Maintains the position control function for the community to ensure all staffing requests are within the approved budgeted FTEs. On boards and orients new associates.
- Associate Relations-Facilitates effective associate relations within the community. Assists leadership in the design and execution of appropriate performance enhancements, coaching/mentoring and separations. Counsels associates in utilization of the Fair Treatment process. Coordinates all investigations of harassment and/or discrimination with the Home Office.
- Policies and Procedures-Consults with leadership and associates and answers questions regarding Human Resources Policies and Procedures. Advises leadership and associates of enhancements or changes to policies or benefits. Ensures leadership is consistent in their application of policies for staffing, promotion, discipline and termination.
- Benefits-Assists Associates with benefit enrollment and acts as a resource with regard to benefit questions. Assists in creating and coordinating associate recognition programs and events.
- HRIS-Assists in the maintenance of Human Resource Information System (HRIS) records and compiles reports from the database. Supervises the maintenance of human resources records.
- Unemployment/Workers Compensation-Monitors and responds to unemployment and workman’s compensation claims. Assists Home Office and third-party administrators with all information requests.
Experience: minimum of 2-3 years HR Generalist experience (preferably 3-5 years) SHRM – CP or PHR required or must be completed within the 1st 12 months of employment.
Education: Associates in HR or related field. Bachelor’s preferred.
Why Choose United Methodist Communities?
As a faith-based, nonprofit organization with a 110+ year history in New Jersey, we offer competitive benefit packages which recognize our associates.
Associate Benefits Include:
- Employer-subsidized Medical and Dental Plan
- Group Life Insurance (no cost)
- 403(b) Retirement Savings Program with Employer Match
- Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition Assistance, Professional Development and E-Learning
- Employee Discount Program
- Generous Paid Time Off Program
- 9 Paid Holidays
Please apply via their careers website: https://umcommunities.recruitpro.com/pages/JobsbyType/