Chief Executive Officer
Foxdale Village is a freestanding Quaker-directed Nonprofit Life Plan Community (CCRC) which serves approximately 370 residents on a 23-acre campus in State College, PA. Foxdale Village was founded in 1985 by members of the State College Friends Meeting, and today Foxdale is a vibrant life care community which offers residential living in 148 cottage homes and 57 apartments. The community also offers a range of health services including a unique Medical Home that provides a full range of on-site health services to all residents. Darlington House is the community’s licensed personal care neighborhood with 55 private accommodations, and Anthony House is a licensed nursing care neighborhood of 46 private accommodations for those who require around-the-clock assistance. Foxdale additionally offers two different memory support neighborhoods and short-term rehab services that are open to its residents as well as the greater community.
Foxdale Village has developed and maintained a reputation for outstanding care and service, reflected in consistently high scores on satisfaction surveys, and resulting in the long tenure of staff and vitality of residents. In 2019, Foxdale Village was the recipient of the Holleran “Choice Community Award – Independent Living Resident Engagement.” The community achieved scores between the 95th and 98th percentile of the Holleran Benchmark across all four domains of Resident Engagement – Voice, Connection, Fulfillment, and Well-Being. Foxdale’s focus on quality has also placed the community in a very strong financial position, with high occupancy and a track record of having maintained a positive increase in cash from operations and investments.
Reporting to the Board of Trustees, the CEO provides vision, strategic direction, fiscal oversight and leadership in the fulfillment of the community’s mission and vision. She/he will provide leadership and direction in promoting a management approach that is respectful of Foxdale’s history and mission; and who is values driven, responsive, innovative, flexible yet decisive, and very collaborative in nature.
Select Qualifications and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of five years of managerial and leadership experience; Master’s degree preferred.
• Prior experience in providing leadership within a complex organization and in building and nurturing constructive relationships with board members, residents and staff, ideally in a senior services setting.
• Exceptional managerial abilities combined with a track record of instilling a culture of accountability, team building and effective delegation, and staff development and retention across the organization.
• Outstanding interpersonal and diplomatic skills with the empathy and genuine interest to work with stakeholders throughout Foxdale Village.
• Operational acumen will include fiscal management, performance excellence, management accountability, measurement discipline, an outcomes orientation, and experience in developing innovative senior programs and partnerships to enhance resident, family, and associate engagement.
• Possession of, or eligibility to sit for, a Pennsylvania Nursing Home Administrator’s license is desirable.
• The ability and interest to represent and become the public face of Foxdale Village within State College, Centre County, and beyond. A personal and professional presence that will foster an understanding of and appreciation for the mission and values of Foxdale, contribute to community and civic leadership, and position the organization and its leadership as a community resource on issues of aging and senior living.
• In all of the above, evidence of a personal and trusting presence that is driven by the ability to inspire and motivate others to promote the philosophy, mission, values, and goals of Foxdale Village. The successful candidate will demonstrate integrity, sincerity, humility, kindness, and respect for individuals, and inspire trust in and from others.
State College features the charms of a small college town with the opportunities typically only found in larger cities. State College and the surrounding boroughs offer affordable housing, highly rated school districts, and a myriad of opportunities to become activity engaged in the community.
Cultural and entertainment opportunities abound in State College and the area also offers some of the best outdoor activities in the Northeast, for people of all ages. In addition to hiking and biking in the surrounding state forest lands, there is skiing at Tussey Mountain, swimming in several modern community pools, and world-class fly-fishing. State College’s central location affords easy access for weekend trips to Pittsburgh, Philadelphia, Washington and New York City.
For referrals or to submit a resume, please contact Dianne Downey, Vice President, at FoxdaleCEO@divsearch.com. All expressions of interest are confidential.