Executive Assistant to the CEO
Jewish Community Housing Corporation Of Metropolitan New Jersey
EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT TO THE CEO
The Jewish Community Housing Corporation of Metropolitan New Jersey (JCHC) is seeking a qualified individual to serve as the full-time Executive Assistant (EA) to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO). Founded in 1983, the JCHC is a nonprofit organization that provides housing with services to senior citizens in Morris and Essex County, New Jersey.
The overall purpose of the Executive Assistant position is to support the work of the CEO in order to assist the JCHC in achieving its mission. The person who fills this position will be delegated the analytical and administrative responsibilities described below. Once the EA has demonstrated the capacity to handle these tasks and a desire to take on more responsibility, the EA will be given greater opportunities for professional growth working on JCHC’s programs independently and/or as a team member.
- Prepare and send out correspondence on behalf of the CEO;
- Set up meetings and coordinate the schedule of the CEO, the JCHC Board of Trustees and its Board Committees;
- Attend meetings with the CEO and take and refine meeting notes;
- Assist the JCHC Board Annual Gala Committee with event logistics;
- Analyze data and prepare written and/or spreadsheet reports;
- Set up and maintain databases;
- Organize and maintain office filing system; and,
- Handle other responsibilities as may be assigned by the CEO.
- Ability to read and write in English;
- Bachelor’s Degree or relevant experience required;
- Computer literacy, including proficiency with Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel, use of e-mail and the internet. Ability to learn new relevant software packages;
- Ability to multi-task, problem-solve and work independently;
- Excellent communication and organizational skills, including attention to detail;
- Capacity to get to and from local meetings independently from the office in West Orange; and
- Enjoys interacting with senior citizens.
Position: Full-Time with Benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, 403(b), etc.)
Salary: $55,000 – $60,000 based on experience.
Start Date: February 10, 2020 or as soon as possible thereafter.
To Apply: If interested in the position, please contact the HR Department:
By e-mail to: email@example.com
By FAX to: 973-731-9225
No phone calls.
Jewish Community Housing Corporation is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.