Nursing Home Administrator – Laurel Circle
***LeadingAge New Jersey & Delaware is posting this position on behalf of Laurel Circle. This position is located in Bridgewater, NJ.***
Nursing Home Administrator – Laurel Circle
The Nursing Home Administrator at Laurel Circle is responsible for assisting the Executive Director in the overall administration of the Community. S/he supervises operation of the service departments as directed by the Executive Director, with primary emphasis on the health center. S/he also handles special projects for the Board of Directors/Owners and the Executive Director. In the Executive Director’s absence, the Administrator assumes responsibility for all Community operations.
Laurel Circle is a Life Plan community located in Bridgewater, New Jersey. The community features 202 Independent Living units, 33 Assisted Living units, 10 Memory Care units and a 64 unit Health Center.
Together, We’re Greater
At LCS, we provide you the opportunity to use your talents in a progressive, growing organization that makes a positive difference in the lives of the seniors we serve. If you are seeking an organization that gives back, you’ll love working here. Our principles and hospitality promises define our company culture. LCS employees can be found participating in volunteer activities, getting involved in our committees or collaborating with team members in our innovative work space. You’ll find lots of opportunities to grow as a professional, serve the community, and enhance the lives of seniors. Our culture of partnership is truly what we feel makes us unique.
Ready to make a difference? Then join us as the Nursing Home Administrator at Laurel Circle. We think it’s time for you to begin your #lifeatLCS.
What you need to know
- Assist the Executive Director in maintaining licensure and certification of the Community; ensure compliance with state and federal regulations.
- Maintain current knowledge of applicable laws and regulations.
- Maintain positive relationship with representatives of government agencies who survey and inspect the Community.
- Promote and maintain a working relationship with the Community health delivery system.
- Conduct health center physical inspections; perform evaluations for state board of health.
- Ensure that corporate compliance and HIPAA directives are implemented and monitored.
What we are looking for
- The technical knowledge required is best obtained through a BS or MS degree in business, health care, hotel/restaurant management, or closely related area.
- A minimum of two to three years of management experience in health care or life care community environment is required.
- An active Nursing Home Administrator license in New Jersey.
- Some background in financial management, including budget preparation, cash flow management, and analysis of financial reports.
- A thorough understanding of federal and state laws related to the operation of the Community.
- Ability to work effectively and diplomatically with a variety of publics, including residents, Board of Directors/Owners, community groups, government agencies, etc.
Sound like a good fit? Let’s talk about how together we can be greater!
- Industry Leader. We have been in the business of Senior Living for over 40 years. Nearly 90% of Life Care Services managed health centers have a 4 or 5 star rating.
- Competitive pay, great benefits and vacation time. We are an equal opportunity employer with benefits including medical, dental, life insurance, disability, 401(k) with company match.
- Family oriented culture. We provide a positive and supportive work environment which our employees value. Flex-time, work from home, and social activities with employees and their families add to our family-centric approach.
- Charity and community involvement. We are recognized as a national team for the Alzheimer’s Association and are consistently a top contributor to United Way. We also support our employee’s individual community contributions and provide opportunities to get involved at our corporate locations and in our communities.
- Outstanding advancement opportunities.650 and counting; LCS is growing and we think you should too. Our company growth allows for internal growth opportunities across all of our business lines.
- Professional development. Ongoing, onsite education opportunities, education assistance, and continuing education credits allow LCS employees to keep their knowledge of current industry changes relevant.
- Fun company-wide events. Leadership Summit, SHOE, and our annual company holiday party; just to name a few.
- Top Workplace. We’ve created an environment where LCS employees enjoy coming to work. LCS has been named a top Workplace, an award that recognizes the top workplaces based on employee survey results each year.
LCS creates living experiences that enhance the lives of seniors. You’ll see this commitment in our people. They’re talented, dedicated professionals who truly care about residents, with each conducting his or her work with integrity, honesty and transparency according to the principles of LCS. We strive to help every community succeed-strengthening available resources, establishing proven practices that lead to long-term growth and creating lasting value for those living in, working for and affiliated with the community. Check us out on our website: www.lcsnet.com.
Travel Frequency: Occasional
Job Level: C
A POST OFFER BACKGROUND CHECK, INCLUDING REFERENCES IS REQUIRED
LCS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Applicants may reach out to Lindsay Surovy (email@example.com) or apply on the career site at: