Jewish Community Housing Corporation of Metropolitan New Jersey
HUD and Tax Credit Affordable Housing Apartment Building
The Jewish Community Housing Corporation of Metropolitan New Jersey is currently seeking an experienced, qualified housing manager for a busy, established seniors/disabled affordable housing community. Above all else, the spirit of teamwork and cooperation is essential for the candidate who will lead the team as the building manager for a 64-unit apartment building in South Orange, New Jersey. The position requires the management of overall physical and daily operations of the facilities in compliance with current applicable federal, state and local requirements and in accordance with facility policies. Must have experience and comprehensive knowledge for Tax Credit Handbook Navigation. In management of the Low Income Housing Tax Credit (LIHTC) Programs, HUD subsidized Section 8 housing programs and Fair Housing standards.
The individual must possess the following but not limited to requirements:
- Minimum of three years of housing management experience, to include LUITCH ( tax credit and HUD Section 8, 202 standards
- College Degree in business management or other related degrees preferred.
- Certification as Assisted Housing Manager, Tax Credit Specialist or other comparable affordable housing credentials provided by or approved by HUD.
- Knowledge of Enterprise Income Verification (EIV), Fair Housing rules and regulations and Civil Rights monitoring.
- Experience in supervision of staff, to include administrative, facilities and support services.
- Competency with HUD software and website resources such as OneSite, TRACS and HUDClips.
- Ability to be on-call outside of normal business hours, as needed, to act as emergency response coordinator.
- Essential functions that include fingering, grasping, lifting, pulling, pushing, reaching, standing, stooping, and walking.
- Sensory and communicative activities essential to the performance of this position including but not limited to feeling, hearing, seeing, smelling, tasting and speaking.
- Ability to Multitask and work well under pressure.
- Ability to read and write in English.
Position/Hours: FT with Benefits (Dental, Medical, Vision, Life Insurance, Health Insurance, etc.)
Salary: Salary based on experience and education.
Start Date: Immediate
To Apply: If you are interested in this position, please contact Emma in the HR Department:
By e-mail: email@example.com
No Phone calls.
This is an Equal Employment Opportunity.