The Pines at Whiting – Business Office Manager
** LeadingAge New Jersey & Delaware is posting this position on behalf of The Pines at Whiting. **
THE PINES AT WHITING
TITLE: BUSINESS OFFICE MANAGER
REPORTS: CHIEF FINANICAL OFFICER
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, the Business Office Manager oversees the business operations of our three senior living areas, Independent Living, Assisted Living, and Skilled Nursing. Duties of the position include processing and overseeing Accounts Receivable/Billing and collections, Medicare and Medicaid billing, Accounts payable, Payroll, monthly account and bank reconciliations. The position directly supervises 4 positions (Bookkeeper, Medicare/Medicaid Biller, Accounts Payable Clerk, and Payroll Specialist/Compliance Assistant).
- Assists in the preparation of the Corporation’s annual Budget and investigates variances
- Oversees and completes Resident Billing on a monthly basis as well as answering customer questions
- Oversees and manages the Accounts payable process assuring that invoices are paid timely
- Oversees and manages the Accounts Receivable process, Private Pay and Medicare/Medicaid-billing, as well as collection of overdue accounts
- Monitors Corporate Compliance and keeps Chief Financial Officer and Administrator informed of any problems or issues
- Assists CFO in the preparation of monthly financial reports including posting of journal entries and month-end account reconciliations
- Oversees and assists the Chief Financial Officer in preparation all periodic and year-end audits
- Oversees and assists in the preparation of the quarterly payroll tax returns and payroll-based -journal and assures they are filed timely with the IRS and Centers for Medicare and Medicaid.
- Oversees implementation and day to day interaction with all facility software packages including electronic medical records, time and attendance systems, payroll, and HR systems.
- Interacts with outsourced IT company as needed
- Assists with HR in administration and preparation/revision of personnel policies and procedures as needed
- Bachelor or College Degree in Accounting/Finance Required
- 5 years’ experience as a Controller or Business Office Manager preferable in a Healthcare/Long Term Care environment
- Should be a skilled organizer and able to manage office files, logbooks, and staff schedules
- Must be very analytical and detail-oriented in all duties.
- Must be proficient in supervising employees and creating a positive employee relations experience both within and outside the department
- Provides good customer service to our residents and/or family members
- Experience working in an Electronic Accounting System/and Clinical systems is preferred
- Must be knowledgeable in Payroll law
- Knowledge of Personnel Law and Best practices preferred
- Must maintain compliance with all HIPPA and Privacy laws in the use of all patient financial accounts, personnel records, and company financial records.
This position requires the ability to utilize a PC (experienced in Excel a must), calculator, multi-line telephone, and other related office equipment.
- Position is primarily a desk job which essentially involves sitting, standing, stooping, and walking, as well as telephone communication
- Some travel may be required to local or state seminars and conferences
- Requires minimal lifting of office records and printouts
- Ability to read 12 point and larger type is required
- Payroll Specialist/Compliance Assistant
- Accounts Receivable/Private/Medicare-Medicaid Billing
- Accounts Payable Clerk
See more & Apply at link below: