If you are interested in presenting to our membership, please contact the LeadingAge New Jersey office.
- This event has passed.
Achieving Success for Your Skilled Nursing Facility: Mastering Coding of Section GG & ICD-10 Diagnosis Coding for PDPM
June 5, 2019 @ 10:00 am - 2:30 pm
Skilled Nursing Facilities are preparing to transition from the current RUGs IV PPS reimbursement model to the Patient Driven Payment Model (PDPM) effective October 1, 2019. There are two primary coding changes that will impact reimbursement under PDPM. The first one is the change from the use of the MDS Section G to using Section GG for the functional components for the PT, OT and nursing Case Mix Indexes (CMI). The second big change is using diagnosis coding as the primary reason for the SNF stay to support the patient characteristics for PT, OT, ST, Nursing and the Non-Therapy Ancillary (NTA) CMI and reimbursement. This seminar will focus on both the know-how to identify coding inaccuracies, CMS’ intent regarding correct diagnosis and Section GG coding and improved documentation to support both diagnosis coding and Section GG coding. Expert faculty will lead participants through real examples to develop coding mastery.
At the end of this presentation the attendee will:
• Understand the transition from Section G to Section GG coding for the functional component and reimbursement starting October 1, 2019
• Become aware of current coding inaccuracies of the submitted Section GG on the 5-day MDS
• Demonstrate an understanding of the intent and guidelines of Section GG as outlined by CMS
• Be able to define and explain each component of Section GG for PT, OT and nursing
• Apply the coding scale accurately to capture the usual performance utilizing real SNF patient examples
• Demonstrate documentation supporting coding of Section GG for reimbursement purposes
• Understand the PDPM requirements for identifying the reason for the SNF stay
- Review risks associated with incorrect diagnosis coding, including the impact of RTP codes
- Learn to utilize the CMS tools for correct diagnosis coding under PDPM
- Practice coding scenarios for SNF admission examples using coding manuals/other tools
SMF MDS coordinators and RNACs, clinicians, coders, corporate, compliance, officers, rehabilitation therapists and others involved in the SNF MDS process and reimbursement
Click HERE to register