- Summer Enrichment Program
Summer Enrichment Program
What is the Summer Enrichment Program?
The Summer Enrichment Program is a 10-week immersive internship hosted by a LeadingAge member organization, June – August, 2023. We are recruiting a diverse pool of undergraduate and graduate students for a unique opportunity to obtain real world experience in aging services.
What is the purpose?
To provide leadership opportunities for students in aging services that ensures our field is representative of the diversity that makes up our society. The intern will be provided mentors, meaningful work, and access to a professional network that will assist them in reducing barriers to leadership roles within the field of aging.
The field of aging is a rewarding and complex field with abundant career opportunities in a variety of disciplines, including hospitality, culinary, marketing, facilities, development, architecture, clinical, social work, administration, and more. The Summer Enrichment Program internship will provide exposure to these meaningful careers and expand your connections in aging services. Check out this video from the LeadingAge Summer Enrichment Program in 2021.
What are we looking for?
- Students nearing the end of their undergraduate studies or who are in graduate school. For undergraduate students, a minimum of 2 years completed toward Bachelor’s degree is required.
- Works effectively and diplomatically with a variety of stakeholders, including residents, board members, community groups, and government agencies.
How do you apply for a Summer Enrichment Program Internship?
- 2023 Summer Enrichment Program Internship Opportunities will be posted on the LeadingAge Career Center in October, 2022
- Internships will be posted on the LeadingAge Career Center
LeadingAge Members participating in the 2023 Summer Enrichment Program Internship. (Updated 11/17/22)
- Aldersgate, Charlotte, North Carolina
- Arbor Acres United Methodist Retirement Community, Winston Salem, North Carolina
- Asbury Communities, Inc., Frederick, Maryland
- Birmingham Green, Manassas, Virginia
- Channing House, Palo Alto, California
- Croasdale Village, Durham, North Carolina
- The Clare, Chicago, Illinois
- Elation Property Management, Rochester, Minnesota
- Episcopal Retirement Services, Cincinnati, Ohio & Louisville, Kentucky
- Forest Hills of DC, Washington, DC
- Frasier Meadows, Boulder, Colorado
- Givens Communities, Asheville, NC
- Good Shepherd Community Care, Newton, Massachusetts
- Ingleside, Rockville, Maryland
- Jewish Home Family, Inc., Rockleigh, NJ
- Kendal CORP Kennett square, Pennsylvania
- LeadingAge, Washington, DC
- LeadingAge Pennsylvania, Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania
- LeadingAge Virginia, Richmond, Virginia
- McGregor, Cleveland, Ohio
- Mt. San Antonio Gardens, Pomona, California
- National Caucus and Center on Black Aging, Washington, DC
- Park Lane Nursing Home, Scott City, Kansas
- Parker Health Group, Inc., Piscataway, New Jersey
- Pinnacle Living, Glen Allen, Virginia
- Presbyterian Senior Living – Westminster Woods, Huntingdon, Pennsylvania
- Presbyterian Villages of Michigan, Southfield, Michigan
- Senior Housing Options, Denver, Colorado
- Stoddard Baptist Nursing Home, Washington, DC
- The Forest at Duke, Durham, North Carolina
Who do I contact with questions?
Contact Christy Kramer, Vice President of Student Engagement and Workforce Partnerships – firstname.lastname@example.org