2023 Annual Awards Ceremony
SHAPING THE FUTURE …
THROUGH LEADERSHIP, INNOVATION, AND SERVICE
The LeadingAge New Jersey & Delaware 2023 Awards Program, held on Wednesday, January 25th at The Boathouse at Mercer Lake, located in West Windsor, recognized aging services heroes who are making a difference in the lives of elders and their local communities.
Award recipients include distinguished and dedicated professionals from across the aging services continuum, serving elders in nursing homes, assisted living residences, homecare and independent senior affordable housing communities.
Congratulations to our 2023 Award Recipients
Assistant Executive Director & Administrator, Masonic Village at Burlington
The President’s Award is our most prestigious honor. This highly coveted award recognizes a distinguished career of service and achievement in the field of aging and is only bestowed periodically.
Excellence in Care
- Darlene Datil, Lead Social Worker, Fair Share Support Services
- Elzbieta (Ella) Zala, LPN, N.J. Eastern Star Home
- Etan Hindin, Director of Spiritual Care, Daughters of Israel
- Euis Diah Sugirin, Assistant Director of Nursing, Parker Health
This award category recognizes individuals from LeadingAge New Jersey & Delaware member communities who demonstrate extraordinary talent, expertise, and dedication in provision of exceptional service to residents.
Excellence in Community Service
- Asia Saxton, Supportive Service Coordinator, UMC at Bishop Taylor
- Beth Gebhart, Director of Community Relations & Volunteers, Lutheran Social Ministries of NJ
- Martha Soto, Store Manager, Westfield Senior Citizens Housing
This category recognizes member achievements that contribute to neighboring communities by providing outstanding services, programs, and opportunities for engagement.
Excellence in Professional Advancement
- Keenan Masterson, Food & Beverage Director, Harrogate
- Suzanne Ransehousen, Nurse Practitioner, Cokesbury Village, an Acts Retirement-Life Community
- Tatina Carr, Director of Nursing, Lions Gate CCRC
This category celebrates individuals who have assumed progressive leadership responsibilities within a LeadingAge New Jersey & Delaware member organization, and have worked to build a shared vision, develop robust relationships, and enhance organizational capacity.
Excellence in Innovation
- Recruitment and Retention Task Force, United Methodist Communities
This category recognizes innovative best practice programs or services that promote and enhance quality of life for senior residents, staff, and/or the surrounding community.
Excellence in Leadership
- Jeanette Edghill, Corporate Manager of Housing, United Methodist Communities
- Lauren Levant, Vice President of Human Resources, The Jewish Home Family & The Jewish Home at Rockleigh
- Mary Mariconda, Director, Hillcrest & Evergreen Court, Christian Health
- Rich Mercado, Senior Director of Culinary & Catering Services, Fellowship Senior Living
This category recognizes people from member organizations who have exhibited an exemplary career of outstanding service in the field of aging services, and who have enhanced the concept of professionalism by virtue of their leadership.