2024 Annual Awards Program
Nominations for the 2024 LeadingAge New Jersey & Delaware Annual Awards Ceremony are open!
SHAPING THE FUTURE …
THROUGH LEADERSHIP, INNOVATION, AND SERVICE
The LeadingAge New Jersey & Delaware 2024 Awards Program, to be held on Wednesday, February 7th at The Boathouse at Mercer Lake, located in West Windsor, will recognize aging services heroes who are making a difference in the lives of elders and their local communities.
Each year, members nominate award recipients with distinguished and dedicated professionals from across the aging services continuum, serving elders in nursing homes, assisted living residences, homecare and independent senior affordable housing communities.
Snow Date: February 13, 2024
Category descriptions and our 2023 winners are listed below
Cindy Shemansky & MVB Team
The President’s Award is our most prestigious honor. This highly coveted award recognizes a distinguished career of service and achievement in the field of aging and is only bestowed periodically.
Assistant Executive Director & Administrator, Masonic Village at Burlington
Excellence in Care
This award category recognizes individuals from LeadingAge New Jersey & Delaware member communities who demonstrate extraordinary talent, expertise, and dedication in provision of exceptional service to residents.
- Darlene Datil, Lead Social Worker, Fair Share Support Services
- Elzbieta (Ella) Zala, LPN, N.J. Eastern Star Home
- Etan Hindin, Director of Spiritual Care, Daughters of Israel
- Euis Diah Sugirin, Assistant Director of Nursing, Parker Health
Excellence in Community Service
This category recognizes member achievements that contribute to neighboring communities by providing outstanding services, programs, and opportunities for engagement.
- Asia Saxton, Supportive Service Coordinator, UMC at Bishop Taylor
- Beth Gebhart, Director of Community Relations & Volunteers, Lutheran Social Ministries of NJ
- Martha Soto, Store Manager, Westfield Senior Citizens Housing
Excellence in Professional Advancement
This category celebrates individuals who have assumed progressive leadership responsibilities within a LeadingAge New Jersey & Delaware member organization, and have worked to build a shared vision, develop robust relationships, and enhance organizational capacity.
- Keenan Masterson, Food & Beverage Director, Harrogate
- Suzanne Ransehousen, Nurse Practitioner, Cokesbury Village, an Acts Retirement-Life Community
- Tatina Carr, Director of Nursing, Lions Gate CCRC
Excellence in Innovation
This category recognizes innovative best practice programs or services that promote and enhance quality of life for senior residents, staff, and/or the surrounding community.
- Recruitment and Retention Task Force, United Methodist Communities
Excellence in Leadership
This category recognizes people from member organizations who have exhibited an exemplary career of outstanding service in the field of aging services, and who have enhanced the concept of professionalism by virtue of their leadership.
- Jeanette Edghill, Corporate Manager of Housing, United Methodist Communities
- Lauren Levant, Vice President of Human Resources, The Jewish Home Family & The Jewish Home at Rockleigh
- Mary Mariconda, Director, Hillcrest & Evergreen Court, Christian Health
- Rich Mercado, Senior Director of Culinary & Catering Services, Fellowship Senior Living