Call for Presentations
Call for Proposals! Submission Deadline has been EXTENDED to Wednesday, January 13, 2020 (11:59 p.m. Eastern Time)
LeadingAge New Jersey & Delaware is partnering with LeadingAge PA to provide a joint Virtual Annual Conference + EXPO on June 15 – 18, 2021. We are seeking substantive, engaging, interactive educational sessions that are applicable across the continuum of aging services for our 2021 Annual Conference & EXPO. Participants include CEOs; administrators; executive team members; housing managers; and directors of nursing, finance, social work, rehabilitation, human resources, recreation, and adult day health care.
Proposal Submission Guidelines
The person listed as the proposal submitter must be a speaker in the session; speaker changes cannot be accepted once a proposal is submitted. Organizations and individuals may submit a maximum of THREE (3) proposals (all submissions by different individuals from the same organization, count towards the limit). The proposal submitter will receive an email confirmation that the proposal has been received within two (2) business days. The proposal submitter will be notified of the official status of their proposal when all final selections are made no later than January 30 2020.
Proposals that are incomplete or submitted late cannot be considered for review; we recommend reviewing the proposal components and drafting your responses in advance.
LeadingAge New Jersey & Delaware does not provide compensation (honoraria, travel reimbursement, program development, etc.). All presenters will receive a complimentary registration for the day of their presentation and may attend other same-day sessions at no charge. *
*A maximum of two (2) panelists qualify for complimentary registration.
Click here to submit your proposal.
Submissions that are incomplete or fail to meet the following guidelines will not be considered for review:
- Speakers must agree to speak virtually
- All proposals must be submitted by January 13, 2021.
- Late submissions cannot be considered for review. No extensions will be granted.
- Content and speaker changes will not be accepted once a proposal has been submitted.
To develop a high-quality, well-balanced education program, LeadingAge NJ & DE and LeadingAge PA reserve the right to limit the number of sessions an organization may provide to no more than three sessions.
A peer review education task force of LeadingAge NJ & DE and LeadingAge PA members, experts in the field, and Association staff will review submissions using the following evaluation criteria:
- Timeliness and relevance of topic to aging services.
- Practical and replicable applicability of concepts for aging services providers.
- Clarity and depth of session content and education methods that enhance the learning experience.
- Qualifications, expertise, and experience level of speakers.
- Presenters are encouraged to invite senior living providers as additional speakers for your proposal
For your convenience, gather the following documentation before starting your submission:
- Session Title: Provide a title that is informative and clearly reflects the session content
- Session Narrative: Provide a detailed summary of your session content (300 – 500 words)
- Three Learning Objectives – List the three main educational goals of your session (what participants will learn from attending your presentation).
- Please click on this link to determine the appropriate and best action verb for each learning objective: Blooms Taxonomy Verbs
- Presentation delivery method: Describe how your presentation will support and address the learning objectives as well as the education methods that will be used to deliver the session content and engage participants.
- Presentation must fit into one of the educational tracks listed in our 2021 Strategic Information Focus Areas & Annual Meeting Education Tracks
- Contact information for each speaker – each speaker must have a unique email address
- Academic and professional background for each speaker (needed to secure Continuing Education Credits) to include:
- Highest Degree Earned
- Academic Institution
- Provide a brief overview of the knowledge and professional experience related to the proposed session topic and the aging services field
Ready to submit? Click here to submit your proposal.
Questions? Contact LeadingAge New Jersey & Delaware’s Membership & Events Associate: email@example.com