Emergency Preparedness / Amerilert Resources
Visit this page regularly for current information, tools, and resources to help LeadingAge New Jersey & Delaware members plan for and respond to COVID-19. We are working to monitor the situation closely.
In collaboration with peer organizations and federal agencies, we will ensure that the health of the older adult population is a top priority during this time.
- Healthcare Personnel Exposure to Confirmed COVID-19 Case Risk Algorithm
- COVID-19 Healthcare Planning Checklist and overview of COVID-19
- Information on Coping With Your Emotions During Public Health Emergencies
- Managing Fatigue During Times of Crisis: Guidance for Nurses, Managers, and Other Healthcare Workers
Communicable Disease Service (CDS) Updated Guidance
Please see enclosed summary of CDS updated guidance to assist healthcare facilities and public health officials with decisions concerning discontinuation of transmission-based precautions and home isolation.
Resources Related to PPE / Medical Supplies
- CDC Strategies to Conserve and Optimize PPE
- CMS Guidance for use of Certain Industrial Respirators by Health Care Personnel and Summary by LeadingAge
- See the enclosed information about using respirators within healthcare environments
- EPA disinfectants that have qualified under EPA’s emerging viral pathogen program for use against SARS-CoV-2
- OSHA’s Rule Relaxation for Fit Testing and Use of Expired Respirators. Questions ? Contact NJDOH CEOHS at 609-826-4984
- LANJDE has secured pricing on potential solutions for converting single resident rooms or hallways into negative pressure isolation environments.
- Medical Supplies – Value First Contract Catalog
Policy Update for Critical PPE Requests:
ALL requests for CRITICAL PPE needs MUST be accompanied by a individually completed “CDC Burn Rate Calculator“. You MUST attach the completed EXCEL file as an attachment. See attached document for more details.
Value First PPE Shortage Solution & Survey
As the PPE supply shortage has escalated, Value First has been actively researching and vetting alternative suppliers to supply critical PPE products. Interested members can take this short survey to help Value First determine interest in an order of PPE.
Information Specific to New Jersey
- The State of New Jersey has procured refrigerated trailers to serve as a temporary morgue site in the north, and a refrigerated warehouse off Exit 8 on the New Jersey Turnpike to cover the central and southern portions of the state. The purpose of these facilities is to relieve the pressure currently being placed on the ME offices, Long-Term Care Facilities (LTCF’s), hospitals and funeral homes. Both temporary morgue facilities are currently fully operational.
- COVID-19 On Demand Hiring Intake Form: Please see specific guidance regarding how to list wages, required credentials, locations and application information if you are hiring for multiple locations or multiple job titles. This jobs portal is designed for job openings that are in eight essential sectors with urgent hiring needs due to COVID-19.
- If you have questions or are unsure whether your jobs are a good fit to be included in this portal, please contact email@example.com
- Please note: information provided by your company will be made available to the public through the COVID19 Jobs Portal and will be subject to the Open Public Record Act.
- At the request of the New Jersey Department of Health, Cooper University Health Care has put together a pilot testing plan for long term care facilities in southern NJ.
- Indicators of Fraudulent 3M Personal Protective Equipment
- All ill individuals will be evaluated for COVID-19 testing using the NJDOH Surveillance Criteria and Testing for Novel Coronavirus 2019
- NJOEM / NJDOH Joint Statement on Resource Requests
- Please see Essential Employee Guidance
- AG Grewal & DOH Commissioner Persichilli: Guidance for Healthcare Providers on Safely Evaluating Patients
- Please see the enclosed LINCS message for NJ Residents – COVID-19 Test Result Instructions and Next Steps
- Please see enclosed guidance from NDJOH related to the importance of providing full and complete information on COVID-19 Testing orders.
- Please be aware of a new scam targeting federal stimulus checks (Memo from Senator Vin Gopal and Assembly members Eric Houghtaling and Joann Downey)
Information Specific to Delaware
- Emergency Childcare
- The YMCA is offering child care for essential worker. The link to the Y’s Emergency Child Care Program at Bear-Glasgow, Brandywine and Sussex is: https://www.ymcade.org/emergency-child-care/
- Criminal Background Check Locations
- To remain consistent with current public health guidelines, these offices are available by appointment only – Call 302-739-2528 to schedule an appointment.
- New Castle County: Delaware State Police Troop 2, on Route 40, Bear, DE
- Kent County: Blue Hen Corporate Center, 655 South Bay Road, Suite 1B, Dover, DE
- Sussex County: Thurman Adams State Service Center, 546 S. Bedford Street, Room 202, Georgetown, DE
- DNRs: DNRs (COVID+ or COVID-) should remain at the LTC facility in which they reside and be provided comfort measures as you normally would.
- Shelter in place: Symptomatic residents should not be sent to the ED for testing or for admission to the hospital for treatment. Symptomatic residents should remain at the facility, be tested as appropriate, and the facility should follow the Office of Epidemiology (888-295-5156) instructions regarding where to drop the specimen off. PLEASE NOTE – residents who suffer a life-threatening event should still be sent to the ED for triage and treatment.
- State Lab Testing: The DPH lab has made testing for LTC facilities a priority. The test kits can be used for facility residents and/or health care workers after obtaining orders for testing. Call the Office of Epidemiology (888-295-5156) to coordinate testing.
We are at a critical time in which community containment measures may be increasingly difficult to implement and enforce. Now is the time to prepare your employees, operations and family.